Monday, February 14, 2011

Pitt Report--Love Lost


Has Lenny lost his love?

New Ink Pitt--Pregnancy Predicament pt. 3 of 5: “Love Lost”
Lenny stood on Rachel’s doorstep, looking up into the eyes of the woman he loved. Rachel put her hands behind her neck and sighed. This was not going to be easy.


“Lenny, I told you to leave Rufus and me alone. If you care for me at all, please respect my wishes.”

Lenny frowned. “Rachel, I couldn’t stay away--not now that I know ye are carryin’ me child!”
Rachel turned and walked into her living room. “Stop saying that, please! I don’t need to be reminded of my sin! Please, just go!” Rachel turned towards Lenny again and pointed for him to leave.

Lenny refused to leave and walked inside the house. “NO! I will not leave until ye tell me why ye won’t let me stay and do the honorable t’ing by becomin’ yuir husband!”
Rachel sighed again and looked up into the air, as she accepted defeat. “Ok. Let’s sit down on the couch and talk about this. I’ll tell you why you and I can’t be a couple.” They sat down and Rachel took Lenny’s hands in hers. His small stubby fingers felt so strange to her. They were like the hands of a baby, if not for their rough texture and hairy knuckles. “Lenny, you and I--it would never work. I’m a Mormon, and you’re a Catholic.”

“Just because we have different religions--that shouldn’t stop us! I’d learn to be Mormon for ye, Lassie!” Lenny smiled.

“It’s not just that though. It’s--well…” Rachel struggled to find the right words so as to not offend Lenny.

“Ohhh I see! It’s because I’m a short Leprechaun, is it? Ye don’t feel comfortable bein’ seen with me as yuir husband do ye?”

“Lenny--I don’t know what to else to say. You and I are of two different religions, two different moral states, and two different species. It would never work out.”

Lenny looked down for a moment, then got off the couch and walked out the door. “Well, FINE RACHEL! I’ll leave ye alone! GOODBYE!” With that, he slammed door shut behind him as he left!


The Pitt Report updates Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights!
All characters, stories, and performances are (C) 2011 Joshua Dyson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment