Monday, September 5, 2011

New Ink Pitt--Lenny Lays it on the Line




Makings of a Mormon pt. 1 of 5: “Lenny Lays it on the Line”
Lenny walked up to the doorstep of Rachel’s home. He was hell-bent on making Rachel his wife, and helping her raise their unborn child as a family! However, after his violent actions in the pub to protect her, it was going to be tough to win back Rachel’s affection!

He knocked on the door, and was shocked to see Brother Brad standing there when it opened! The Mormon man was dressed up in a white shirt with a black tie.

“She doesn’t want to see you.” Brother Brad spoke in his usual, patronizing tone and refused to make eye contact with Lenny.

“If’n ye don’t mind, I’d like ta hear that from Rachel herself!” Lenny was careful not to show his anger for Brother Brad, because any more outbursts on his part might cause him to lose Rachel forever! Brother Brad sighed, turned and looked back into the house. He walked away, and then Rachel appeared.

“Lenny, I need you to go. Please leave me alone! You and I will never work out!”
“Rachel, listen ta me! I’m sorry for offending ye! I did it to protect ye! Ye would’ave been at the mercy of that bleedin’ basterd had I not did somet’ing about it!” Lenny put his hand on Rachel’s leg.

“I love ye, me dear! I would die for ye, and ye know it! I want ta take care of ye and our unborn child! I want us to be a family!”

Rachel crossed her arms and looked up. It was clear that she was having second thoughts about telling Lenny that she didn’t want to see him anymore.

“No. We’re just too different. I had a good time with you Lenny, but I c-can’t be your wife.”
Lenny looked down. “I know what ye need. Ye need me to compromise. Well Rachel, for ye, I’ll compromise and then some! I love ye, lass and would do anything to be with ye!”
Rachel looked down at Lenny. He smiled back up.

“Rachel, to be yuir husband, I am willing to change. For ye, I am ready to become…a MORMON!”

All characters, stories, and performances
are (C) 2011 Joshua Dyson

No comments:

Post a Comment